Warmer weather and the beginning of summer cues up barbecue season. Backyard grilling provides the right atmosphere for families and friends to gather while sharing memories, laughing at jokes and playing games. Some of our best family moments have taken place in the evening glow, while surrounded by good food and enjoying quality time with family and friends.
After a year of limited gatherings, barbecues will be wonderful ways to catch up and have some fun outside in the sun. Here are five tips to help spice up your family barbecue and make it one to remember.
- Don’t be afraid to add some extra flavor! Be sure to add your favorite barbecue rub to your burgers, chicken, vegetables and more. Pack your plates full of flavor and color.
- Add in some fun yard games! Who doesn’t love a game of Cornhole or frisbee? Or even a family favorite made up game. Invite your guests to bring their favorite game – you’d be surprised what fun you have been missing out on.
- Have the best toppings! Line your food table with all the best: tomatoes, lettuce, onions, ketchup, mustard, relish, ranch and more! Everyone loves to have some options.
- Everyone can bring a side! Everyone has a favorite barbecue side, so invite your guests to bring theirs. It could be potato salad, macaroni salad, coleslaw or more. The options are endless.
- Of course, don’t forget the snacks! Every good barbecue has a fantastic snack table, and nothing can make your snack table better than your favorite flavor of W+C Beef Jerky!
How ever you decide to host your barbecue, make it a summer to remember.